The Worship Leader Search Committee of Calvary Baptist Church in Woodland, California, sends
you greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. As our church has grown, we now
are seeking someone qualified and available to fill a full-time position as Worship Leader.
The ideal candidate will be a person who:
• Has a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a growing personal relationship with
Him; lives a life that reflects the Biblical qualifications for an elder from 1 Timothy 3 and
Titus 1; feels called by God to lead worship ministry in the church; prioritizes worship over
performance; and is a servant leader—humble, gracious, and devoted to prayer
• Has experience in music leadership; is skilled in leading blended worship services; has a
working knowledge of—and appreciates—a variety of worship styles, including both hymns
and contemporary worship songs; and values the relational aspects of being a worship leader
• Has a college degree in music or Bible and/or some seminary training, or is interested and
willing to pursue further education or training
• Is an effective leader: easy-going, able to make wise choices, communicate clearly, and
work well with a team
• Plan and coordinate the worship services, collaborating with the Senior Pastor to choose
music that integrates well with the message
• Serve as worship leader in each of the weekend worship services, meet regularly with the
worship team, and attend the weekly staff meetings
• Recruit, train, and oversee support ministries, including sound, lighting, ProPresenter,
PowerPoint, video, worship team, and adult and children’s choirs
• Provide assistance for funerals, weddings, and other special events
• Salary based on experience
• Medical and dental
• Cell phone
• Retirement fund
• Two weeks of paid vacation in addition to paid holidays
We invite you to apply by sending us your resume, and a video link of you leading worship.
All submissions can be sent to email@example.com.
Thank you for considering this opportunity.
Search Committee Chair